Community Service is a part of NG activities where members use their sewing skills to help those less fortunate. Past Community Service projects have included:
- Sewing comfort caps for cancer patients
- Sewing bibs for senior residents of nursing homes
- Sewing Bereavement Envelopes for Wake Medical Center
- Sewing Layettes with Love for the Maternal Health Center
- Teaching sewing at a local girl’s school
The Houston, TX Chapter, host of ASG’s 2012 national conference, invited chapters to participate in a Blanket Project to provide blankets to their local communities to give warmth and comfort to those most in need.
The Raleigh, NC Chapter donated over 30 turtle pillows to the Painted Turtle project. This was the 2011 Los Angeles Chapter National Community Service project. They were the host of the 2011 ASG national conference.