Community Service is a part of NG activities where members use their sewing skills to help those less fortunate. Past Community Service projects have included:
- Sewing comfort caps for cancer patients
- Sewing bibs for senior residents of nursing homes
- Sewing Bereavement Envelopes for Wake Medical Center
- Sewing Layettes with Love for the Maternal Health Center
- Teaching sewing at a local girl’s school
For 2017, the national community service project is to make pillows for Give Kids the World Village. This is a non-profit resort that provides cost-free, week-long vacations to children with life-threatening illnesses and their families. Click here for more information and specific directions on making the pillows.